Last updated: 2 Sep 2021
(This is a now page; if you have a space, make one and tell me about it.)
I'm happy to say that, right now, I'm well. I'm busy, but it's good busy. Still working at home, for the most part, although I did go on-site with a customer for the first time this week!
- Pleroma: I had another go at building an instance, thanks to community encouragement, and was successful this time! So I've now moved off Fosstodon — thanks so much for the great introduction to the Fediverse, Kev & Mike! — to a self-hosted instance. Registrations are open; I'll happily approve any non-bot sign-ups.
- My website: I'm playing around with the static site generator, mkws, created by fellow Yarn.social fan, adi! So you may see a bit more content on nfld.uk now. (I'm going to keep my Now page here for the time being, though.)
- Finally, I got a new Pi 3A! So far, it's hosting a WireGuard VPN, and a Vaultwarden (Bitwarden compatible!) instance. I'm also thinking about running LibreTranslate on it. Oh, I forgot to say, my Pleroma instance is running on my Pi 3B+, btw.
- Democracy Incorporated by Sheldon Wolin
- I came for inverted totalitarianism, of course, but am finding it a more challenging (and rewarding!) experience.
- Critical Reasoning by Jerry Cederblom & David Paulsen
- This was part of a correspondence course I abandoned years ago. Happily, I recently rediscovered it, and, in particular, its final chapter on how an amateur should best reason in a world of experts.
- The New Corporation by Joel Bakan
- This was my first foray in Bakan's catalogue; it won't be my last! I enjoyed how took a proper stab at solutions; not all doom and gloom.
I was inspired by Rebecca Toh, who was herself inspired by Derek Sivers.